- This event has passed.
Diabetes Self-Management One Day Course (FREE) | Ranui
June 21 @ 09:00 - 15:30
One event on 25 August, 2022 at 09:00
One event on 29 September, 2022 at 09:00
One event on 24 November, 2022 at 09:00
Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME)
A FREE information day for people with Type 2 Diabetes
DSME helps you better understand diabetes, its causes and how to maintain/better your health. This day is run in small groups so you can get the most from it and ask questions in a safe environment.
The course is run by a Diabetes Nurse Educator and Dietitian (with Podiatrist and Health Psychologist support) and covers:
- Healthy eating: label reading, good and bad fats, food choices
- How to stop/control the effects of diabetes on the body (Heart/eyes/kidneys/nerves/feet)
- Medications – how do they work? New choices available
- Blood tests – what do they mean?
- Goal setting (action planning/FREE support/where to now)
- How to be the best with your health team
You are welcome to bring a family member or friend to support you. Refreshments are provided. For more information, please contact Margot McDonald using the details below.